Division: Hip Reconstruction
Category: Femoral Stems
The C-STEM AMT Triple Taper Stabilised Hip builds upon the clinical success of the original C-STEM Triple Taper Stabilised Hip and its unique triple tapered highly polished design2-4. The functional intra-medullary geometry of orginal C-STEM has been maintained whilst the extra-medullary geometry has been enhanced with a raised lateral shoulder, for better visualization during insertion, and the addition of the 12/14 ARTICUL /EZE® mini-taper. This taper provides the surgeon with increased versatility due to its compatibility with the extensive DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction femoral head and acetabular portfolio.
C-STEM AMT, implanted using a modern cementing technique and a proven bone cement1is designed to restore function to today's patient population in hybrid total hip arthroplasty. THA continues to evolve and improve as time and experience reveal which design features improve results. The original C-STEM implant established a taper slip stem that not only worked with the bone cement mantle, but was also the first stem to demonstrate positive bone remodelling through an even proximal load transfer.2, 3
|Available in standard and high offset||
|Optimised Mini ARTICUL/EZE® taper||
|Narrow Anterior-Posterior Neck Geometry||
|Deep medial profile||
|Broad proximal medial to lateral dimensions||
|Triple taper stem section||
|Highly-polished surface finish||
1. Husby OS. A Randomised, Prospective, RSA Post Marketing Study Comparing SmartSet HV and Palacos R Bone Cement in THA, presented to the Norwegian Orthopaedic Association (NOA), Oslo, Norway, October 27th/28th 2005.
2. Wroblewski BM, et al. Triple Tapered Polished Cemented Stem in THA. J. Arthroplasty. 2001;16: 37-41.
3. Wroblewski BM, et al. Triple Tapered Polished Cemented Stem (C-Stem) in THA. Follow up to 10 years. J. Bone Joint Surg. 2006;88- B:234: 1.
4. Purbach B et al. The C-Stem in Clinical Practice Fifteen-Year Follow-Up of a Triple Tapered Polished Cemented Stem. J Arthroplasty 2013; 18: 1367-1371.
5. Camino T.Senior Engineering Fellow Hips DePuy Orthopaedics. DePuy Modular Taper Evolution to AMT, April 2012
6. Data on file: DHF A457 (Range of motion for C-STEM AMT)
7. Scheerlinck T and Casteleyn PP. The design features of cemented femoral implants J Bone Joint Surg 2006;88-B:1409-18
8. Middleton R.G., Howie D.W, Costi K. et al. Effects of design changes on cemented tapered femoral stem fixation Clin Orthop Rel Res. 1998; 355: 47
Depuysynthes - C-STEM AMT - Folder Depuysynthes - C-STEM AMT - Técnica
Rua Benedita Vieira Eugênio, 273
Ribeirão Preto - SP - 14026-300
PABX (16 ) 2102-4811 - FAX: (16 ) 2102-4800
© Cortical - Todos os direitos reservados